Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe this drake!!! He must have flown down from God's personal flock!!
th.gif
bow.gif
love.gif

bow.gif

Hi,the name is from A. Taibel in Italy who described this genetic variant in year 1961. Sepia, called "Faiogeno", F gene toghether with the blue = Fumo. I have called it "Fume" (translation from fumo) and in the book poultry ang genetics (editor Crawford) called it "smoky grey". Faiogeno with peal grey(silver or double blue) called "Tortora" (by Taibel in the same report). Sepia/Faiogeno is very rare over the world but exist in few countries. For example Sweden and Australia. Fumo is even more rare and Tortora only exist in very few hands(2?) what I know. But I like yours Ian and mine of course
wink.png

"Fumo" (1 year old, drake)

Last edited:
I have had females color out like your Tortora but I never kept them, I thought they were just bad Silvers or something, maybe i was wrong?
hmm.png

I understand what you thinking about but this "Tortora" is different to silver. For example she where almost all white as younger and the light brown started with an spot in the neck. She also have the same colors as sepia in bill, claws and legs.I will post an new picture when she is a little bit older.

Lydia: 14-30 in winter. More in breeding season of course
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom