Muscovy keepers share your pics!

What is a "canzie duck"? I have never heard of it. Googled it and nothing came up.

Mandy
Canizie is the white head gene. Birds that possess the white head gene can be any
color as well as pied. Young or juvenile white head birds will appear to be solid birds with a few white
feathers located on the head/neck. With each subsequent molt, the white will increase until the bird's
entire head is mainly white. http://www.muscovyduckcentral.com/genetics.html

Canizie is the white head gene. Birds that possess the white head gene can be any
color as well as pied. Young or juvenile white head birds will appear to be solid birds with a few white
feathers located on the head/neck. With each subsequent molt, the white will increase until the bird's
entire head is mainly white. http://www.muscovyduckcentral.com/genetics.html
Thanks!
Mandy

I have a new Muscovy and she's my first one so I don't really know much. She laid 5 eggs when I first got her but she hasn't laid anymore. My pekin has been mating with her and she seems very skiddish and usually stays in the coop. I make sure she comes out for food and water though. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

This is my Ruby :) I'm planning on getting 2 more pretty soon!

She's pretty! We have a drake and a duck that are both pure white with blue eyes. Very handsome couple. Ruby needs another 'Scovy to keep her company! Someone to forage with! Good luck on your search.

She's pretty!  We have a drake and a duck that are both pure white with blue eyes.  Very handsome couple.  Ruby needs another 'Scovy to keep her company!  Someone to forage with!  Good luck on your search.

That's what I thought maybe! I got her for free from someone down the road who breeds them. She had babies but she said she couldn't tell what gender they are yet. I'm going to call her sometime this week and see what she's got! I want a blue female to name her sapphire lol. And I like the pied drakes that have the greenish black feathers.

This is my Ruby
smile.png
I'm planning on getting 2 more pretty soon!
She is pretty I had 3 solid whites with blue eyes but they all have gone on now from old age. She looks pretty roughed up so I am wondering if your Pekin is over mating her she def needs a few Scovy's [they speak the same language] but she maybe afraid of your drake too.

And could be why your not seeing eggs. @burgandyrae

Last edited:
I have a Muscovy duck.,it hatched last Monday. It's a week old. I saved it from a lady who was going to throw the egg in a trash. I am working full time and it's alone (but at least alive)
I was wondering who I could contact to take my little duck? A local farmer?

Back
Top Bottom