Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I didn't for my first few, but I also didn't know I should....I've added it to all my ducks diet, I've noticed a big difference in the quality of their feathers....5x better looking IMHO, but I'm not an expert.
Question: do I need to add brewers yeast in a Muscovy ducklings diet? I didn't on my hen and she fine but IDK.
-Liv

Last edited:
Wooooooooot!! I'm getting another Scovy duckling!! I hope it's a boy! How do I tell in one week olds?
-Liv
ETA: Spelling
YAY!

Updated pics of Wedgie

We still aren't sure exactly what color she is going to be.....her tail feathers aren't brown or black.....kind of a weird faded darkish color....
OMG how they grow! Beautiful! I'm not even going to try to guess, I'll leave that to the experts
smile.png

Question: do I need to add brewers yeast in a Muscovy ducklings diet? I didn't on my hen and she fine but IDK.
-Liv
It depends on what you are feeding and how old they are. Per Storey's guide to raising ducks "
Niacin
If ducklings are fed chick starter a niacin supplement should be given for the first 10 weeks. Brewer’s yeast can be added to feed (2-3 cups per 10 lbs of feed) or niacin tablets can be added to water (100-150mg per gallon)."

Wooooooooot!! I'm getting another Scovy duckling!! I hope it's a boy! How do I tell in one week olds?
-Liv
ETA: Spelling

You need to know what to look for but it's easier when there's multiple to compare. I can usually. ..about 98% of the time tell at hatch. The boys are so much bigger, then by week 2 its very obvious. ..granted there's the 2% that you are constantly wondering then it sure enough is a drake!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom