Muscovy keepers share your pics!

@yoopergirl1211 Welcome to BYC. Actually my first choice not because i had any other to choose from but 3 drakes ended up in the river below our home so I had to make friends that was in 2004. I love the personality of the Muscovy Can't say enough about this breed. Your drake looks alot like my Opie Yes he comes in almost every morning for a visit Once breeding season starts though he'll be way to busy with his 4 females.
I want a duck in my house!! Can't wait to show my husband!

Just a few of my babies ... I need more Lol luv these guys!!!
welcome-byc.gif
beautiful colors you have there!

[/URL].
Finding this thread has made my morning complete! We ended up getting one Muscovy by accident. It was actually the only breed I didn't want. And half hour after getting her I started looking for more! Love them so much! This is my big guy Neptune and his girls Jupiter and Andromeda. We got them as adults so they tolerate me but we have 10 babies coming in May that I can't wait for. Five chocolate and five blue. Hopefully going to have some of every color eventually.
frow.gif
welcome to the thread. I never liked Muscovy until I read about @Miss Lydia 's Ernie and Opie. Now that's all I will ever have. Chocolate is my favorite color. The variety of colors is amazing. Where are you getting your babies?

@yoopergirl1211 Welcome to BYC. Actually my first choice not because i had any other to choose from but 3 drakes ended up in the river below our home so I had to make friends that was in 2004. I love the personality of the Muscovy Can't say enough about this breed. Your drake looks alot like my Opie Yes he comes in almost every morning for a visit Once breeding season starts though he'll be way to busy with his 4 females.
love.gif

They do look a lot alike.

Last edited:

Just a few of my babies ... I need more Lol luv these guys!!!

Brown Sugar- choc female, Mystic- the dark winged female with green and purple hues on the black, Snow White- white female and then my newest male is Trooper- the grey piebald and he majorly patrols the yard. The last pic is my old male Elvis from previous flock that I gave to a friend

I'm on a waiting list for Al's Quakery but the ones already on their way are from Country Hatchery. Had pretty much no luck finding any near us. I have a bunch of friends and customers that want some after listening to me go on and on about them. So hopefully we can have some babies and give them away. Then I'll have more people to talk ducks with! I really want a flock with every color!

I'm on a waiting list for Al's Quakery but the ones already on their way are from Country Hatchery. Had pretty much no luck finding any near us. I have a bunch of friends and customers that want some after listening to me go on and on about them. So hopefully we can have some babies and give them away. Then I'll have more people to talk ducks with! I really want a flock with every color!

I've reached Al's Quakery years back but they always seem to be out of stock of the ones I want. So years back, to start my own flock, I've went around state to random backyard flocks to look for gem birds in the midst. Anyhow, if you want every color, there are really only three genes and color in the USA responsible for the shades: Blue, Chocolate, Lavender. Every other color or shade is combination of.

We have so many muscovy sellers near Los Angeles area selling with rarely anyone willing to buy... that's how it works! Go figure.

I pretty much have to beg my friends and relatives to take the older ones to lower my feed bill because I couldn't sell them off when they were ducklings.

Here's my first two shortly after bringing them home. There's an unrelated female with them now. My computer won't let me post more than one picture per post.

Back
Top Bottom