Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Do not open the incubator Farmer Maz. Just be patient sometimes they take a couple extra days, did you check before lockdown if they were internally pipped?

Hi I'm on day 36 of Incubating my Muscovy eggs. I have everything set ok temperature lowered slightly and humidity about 55% I'm sure I can hear them cheeping and little scratching noises. How long from this will they hatch if any? I'm starting to worry. Can I candle the eggs? Or shall I leave them alone and try be patient? Thanks.
1f60a.png
x2 on what @Miss Lydia said - Muscovy eggs have very tough shells, so they really have to work to get out. Candling them or otherwise handling them could cause shrinkwrapping, so hands off unless you need to assist a hatch is the most prudent approach, IMO. You should hopefully start seeing external pipping soon, though.
1f642.png

Your humidity seems a bit low to me for hatch - I usually have humidity at lockdown closer to 65-70% to help make hatching easier for the ducklings.

Good luck!!

A couple of my older ducks periodically act like "mean girls" to some of the younger ducks or even others in their original group. They pick on the victim for a while (nothing serious, mostly things like taking a jab when the target duck approaches the food bowl) and then seem to get bored and it stops. Most of the ducks are real sweethearts, but a couple aren't. In retrospect, I should have named them "Heather". lol
X2

Here are some of mine

BEAUTIFUL! Did you once have Blue Pieds?? I might have bought from you
smile.png
Your roof looks familiar, lol.

Hi I'm on day 36 of Incubating my Muscovy eggs. I have everything set ok temperature lowered slightly and humidity about 55% I'm sure I can hear them cheeping and little scratching noises. How long from this will they hatch if any? I'm starting to worry. Can I candle the eggs? Or shall I leave them alone and try be patient? Thanks.
1f60a.png
welcome-byc.gif
Cheeping is good = internal pips. Your humidity is a little too low for me. I kick up to high 70 low 80's at first internal pip. The waiting gets really difficult here. Be patient.. you want them to stay in the egg as long as possible. If I don't have external pip in 24 hours and still cheeping I will assist. I'm hands on to the end if they internally pip. Good luck and do keep us posted
fl.gif

x2 on what @Miss Lydia said - Muscovy eggs have very tough shells, so they really have to work to get out. Candling them or otherwise handling them could cause shrinkwrapping, so hands off unless you need to assist a hatch is the most prudent approach, IMO. You should hopefully start seeing external pipping soon, though.
1f642.png

Your humidity seems a bit low to me for hatch - I usually have humidity at lockdown closer to 65-70% to help make hatching easier for the ducklings.

Good luck!!
X3

Awwwhhh
love.gif

Last edited:
So, after evicting the rattlesnake on Feb 18, two mamas managed to make it to hatch under the barn without me. Blanche abandoned her nest but we have 10 new babies from Bell and Bebe. That hole will be fixed asap.

So, after evicting the rattlesnake on Feb 18, two mamas managed to make it to hatch under the barn without me. Blanche abandoned her nest but we have 10 new babies from Bell and Bebe. That hole will be fixed asap.

Aww! They are absolutely adorable...and Mama is so pretty!
love.gif

Um, how many do you have now..? You're really making me want to load up the incubator! I got 9 eggs from the girls yesterday, so will soon be overrun with eggs...have to do something with them...no sense in just eating them, right? lol

Aww! They are absolutely adorable...and Mama is so pretty!:love

Um, how many do you have now..? You're really making me want to load up the incubator! I got 9 eggs from the girls yesterday, so will soon be overrun with eggs...have to do something with them...no sense in just eating them, right?  lol
[/quote

That's how you got addicted to hatching ;)

Last edited:

I could sit all day and watch a mama Muscovy teach her ducklings.. They are beautiful @Ren2014

Back
Top Bottom