Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Sooo I had to let my jail birds out today. Black and white one is definitely a boy. A boy obsessed with one of my Peking. Not something I plan on watching again lol. Yuck. Same with the lavender. Caught him successfully mating with other Peking. I think I have to rehome them. Pretty bummed about it but they are so aggressive with the other ducks and Neptune is my boy. The black and white one for sure. Hoping maybe the lavender will chill out.

Sooo I had to let my jail birds out today. Black and white one is definitely a boy. A boy obsessed with one of my Peking. Not something I plan on watching again lol. Yuck. Same with the lavender. Caught him successfully mating with other Peking. I think I have to rehome them. Pretty bummed about it but they are so aggressive with the other ducks and Neptune is my boy. The black and white one for sure. Hoping maybe the lavender will chill out.
Too Much Testosterone makes the flock stressed out anyway.

Show us which ones you just found out are drakes please.

These two. I really didn't think the black one was a boy. He has the football shape you guys talked about but does have extremely thick legs and is almost as big as Neptune. And is definitely a boy. I thought he was just trying to dominate my Peking so I tried to shoo him off but they were mating. Now that I know what I'm looking for I watched the lavender with the other Peking and saw the same. I'd love to keep the lavender and Neptune doesn't seem bothered by him but I do have a good home for both of them if needed. They were raised together and get along. My daughter's best friends mother lost her Muscovy drake and has plenty of females for both of them. Still bummed but I do have the babies coming.

My females are making a nest and have been laying eggs in it, and burying them in the shavings, which I remove every day. How do I tell when they are close to setting? Do they wait until there is a large clutch of eggs? I only want to leave maybe 4-6 eggs between both of them to hatch.

Last edited:
My females are making a nest and have been laying eggs in it, and burying them in the shavings, which I remove every day. How do I tell when they are close to setting? Do they wait until there is a large clutch of eggs? I only want to leave maybe 4-6 eggs between both of them to hatch.
Let them gather as many as they want to, you'll know when they have enough they will not come outside but to eat drink bath and POOP. Then once they are 100% broody when they come out to do these things I mentioned go in and remove a few eggs at a time till you have what your happy with they won't care as long as they have eggs to sit on.

Let them gather as many as they want to, you'll know when they have enough they will not come outside but to eat drink bath and POOP. Then once they are 100% broody when they come out to do these things I mentioned go in and remove a few eggs at a time till you have what your happy with they won't care as long as they have eggs to sit on.
Thanks. I'll continue to remove them as they lay for now, and maybe in a week or two week I'll let them accumulate the eggs in a nest.

Last edited:
I should have left the boys in jail. One chased one of my new black and white Muscovy girls into the road and she got hit. I want to cry. Her sister is in the field across the road and I'm worried she'll get hit on way back.

Back
Top Bottom