Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I'm out in the country with a little land so we can have as many as I want to feed.
Muscovies sell better then other ducks so that's always a bonus but I want them to use as broodies. I raised mallards for years and they were good broodies but had trouble keeping them home.
We have 10 hens and one drake now but hoping to have at least 25 or 30 hens for next year.

Hey eveyone :frow
Beautiful Muscovies and that momma of yours, @The Moonshiner is amazing!! :bow
Im looking at getting some but having a hard time fnding ducklings in my area. Im not sure about trying shipped eggs. I hatch chicks, have recently hatched 2 calls (hair raising experience lol) and currently have 4 call eggs and 6 pheasant eggs in the bator.
Im close to Chattanooga Tn. Can anyone here offer advice or suggestions? Or if not too far from me, any ducklings or eggs i could purchase?:oops::fl:D

Last edited:
Hey eveyone :frow
Beautiful Muscovies and that momma of yours, @The Moonshiner is amazing!! :bow
Im looking at getting some but having a hard time fnding ducklings in my area. Im not sure about trying shipped eggs. I hatch chicks, have recently hatched 2 calls (hair raising experience lol) and currently have 4 call eggs and 6 pheasant eggs in the bator.
Im close to Chattanooga Tn. Can anyone here offer advice or suggestions? Or if not too far from me, any ducklings or eggs i could purchase?:oops::fl:D
Have you tried craigslist? Muscovy eggs sound a bit trickier to hatch. But, @Nyla
Or @learycow might have some.

Have you tried craigslist? Muscovy eggs sound a bit trickier to hatch. But, @Nyla
Or @learycow might have some.
Thank you!
I found one add for 5 ducklings for $5 each but an hour and half away. Im gonna email them but i hate to ask people to meet somewhere and i just cant go that far at the moment... so idk..:th
Im scared to try shipped eggs. I have call ducks so i hatched my own. I'll pm them and see what they say as far as the hatching goes.

Thank you!
I found one add for 5 ducklings for $5 each but an hour and half away. Im gonna email them but i hate to ask people to meet somewhere and i just cant go that far at the moment... so idk..:th
Im scared to try shipped eggs. I have call ducks so i hatched my own. I'll pm them and see what they say as far as the hatching goes.
I drove almost 2 hrs to get my ducklings from @Nyla. It was a crazy thing to do, but it all worked out.

I drove almost 2 hrs to get my ducklings from @Nyla. It was a crazy thing to do, but it all worked out.
I would do it if i could but its just bad timing right now. Im not in a big hurry with it tho so i can wait and keep my eye out for more. Even it means next spring. Im just trying to find as many options as i can right now.

I would do it if i could but its just bad timing right now. Im not in a big hurry with it tho so i can wait and keep my eye out for more. Even it means next spring. Im just trying to find as many options as i can right now.
Wish I would of known you were looking.
I just turned all my ducks back together so regular ducks and muscovies are together. Probably be cross by now or at least some would.
If you haven't found any by spring get a hold of me. I'll send you some eggs for shipping costs. Then if they don't hatch well you wouldn't be out much.

Wish I would of known you were looking.
I just turned all my ducks back together so regular ducks and muscovies are together. Probably be cross by now or at least some would.
If you haven't found any by spring get a hold of me. I'll send you some eggs for shipping costs. Then if they don't hatch well you wouldn't be out much.
Oh wow.. that is so awesome of you!
I would be more than happy to pay for eggs as well. Im just nervous about eggs cos ive heard so many bad stories...lol

Back
Top Bottom