Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I have half acre fenced for my flock then the dogs have their fenced in areas. I can't let my dogs in with the birds they will eat all their food. But I think the dogs barking helps keep the preds from coming too close having 4 dogs 3 mini dachshunds and 1 med Mix breed makes for lots of barking

I have half acre fenced for my flock then the dogs have their fenced in areas. I can't let my dogs in with the birds they will eat all their food. But I think the dogs barking helps keep the preds from coming too close having 4 dogs 3 mini dachshunds and 1 med Mix breed makes for lots of barking
My dogs will nibble a little feed but not much so i dont worry too much about it. I have 4 large, 3 med and 4 little mixed yappers... more than any sane person should have..lol

How high will they fly? I am worried they will get up on the roof of buildings and not come down?
They can fly maybe 10 feet high, and they do sometimes get on the roof of the chicken shed, but always come down.

In the cooler months they like to fly on the trellises that are by the house and perch there in the winter.

Last winter some of them just hanging out on top of a trellis. This was taken from inside the house.
DSCN4511.JPG

I just took this. This is with one wing trimmed. Sorry for the voice. I hate hearing my squeaky voice.
Does that look like I trimmed enough or will they be able to fly more once they figure it out?

I don't think they will go far looks like you did a good job of clipping.

Boy all that wide open space looks great. They have places to hide when out foraging?

A few of mine flew up onto their house right at time to go to bed I had to get the hose and put the spray on hard to get them down, they thought for sure they were going to get to sleep up there they got their wings clipped that night.

I don't think they will go far looks like you did a good job of clipping.

Boy all that wide open space looks great. They have places to hide when out foraging?

A few of mine flew up onto their house right at time to go to bed I had to get the hose and put the spray on hard to get them down, they thought for sure they were going to get to sleep up there they got their wings clipped that night.
Out behind the shed, there are pallets. I am going to plant some shrubs around the outside of the run.
Yeah, it is very open. Around the house there are bushes and shrubs. But, my husband likes to mow the yard. :D
So, he doesn't like for a lot to be out in the open. They will only be out of the run when I am out.

Last edited:
Good idea especially if you have seen that fox. I never let mine out unless I am out with them we have all woods so predators can get even closer with out being seen. I know foxes are around I have seen them on the game camera and my son saw bear prints yesterday. I think mine will have to stay inside. They have half acre fenced but they like to mess around under the bushes going down the driveway looking for tasty morsels.

Back
Top Bottom