Muscovy keepers share your pics!

ricklo,

very nice looking ducks. They seem so happy with their little pond
smile.png
I love the little ones, that first pic of them following her is so cute. I can just hear her hissing and them peeping about thier new adventure lol.

I think one of the cutest things is when the babies will do "bottoms up" in the water. They try so hard to copy the big ducks and sometimes they get carried away and flip all the way over. lol They always look so shocked and put out that, that happenes to them
gig.gif

Julie

Quote:
Is this what you call "having your ducks in a row?" He haw! I'm sorry I simply could not resist. Beautiful Muscovy's. I have a breeding pair with two more hens on the way, and I can't wait!

Last edited:
farmertank I love your avatar!
Wish you lived closer to Warren Co. Indiana because I have 2 young chocolate males and one light blue one that I would give to a GOOD pet home only..
I have their sister and mom and 2 dominant males so these boys need their own flock... They follow me around each morning waiting to be fed.. I love the way they talk and dip their head and I just know they are griping about how slow I am!

Anyone closer to me interested in the boys please PM me...

Oh by the way your hen named Hershey looks alot like a male?

Nope Hershey is very female. She has eggs to prove it lol.

I wish I lived closer too! I really want a male chocolate.

Max my Main and very big boy was in a flock where he was the lowest on the totem pole, But after I got him he turned out to be the best. I bet your boys would love a flock of their own.
I hope you find homes for them. Any pics?

I got my avater from the readers digest. when I saw it I laughed so hard I just had to steal it
gig.gif

A few things to look for to tell males apart fm females:
Males get almost twice as large as females
Males will have large feet
Females stay smaller and more delicate
Males hiss only, they do not quack.
Females make a whistling/trilling sound and I've heard them make a hard quack occassionaly.
Males will grow out their carnukles(red bumps on face) before the females
There is something about one feathering out quicker but I don't remember at this time which one.
That's about all I know since I am new to Muscovies. Hope it helps and I am sure someone who is more familiar w/scovies may pop in
with more info.

Cute picture, Christie! Do your scovies get up high like that often? Just asking, because 4 out of 5 that I have had one wing clipped before we bought them. We want to let their wing feathers grow out so they have a chance to get out of the way of ground predators but that does mean we may have them up in the trees when it's time to go in. I hope they will free range this summer, that said, it's taken them a whole week before they moved from within 15' of the secured run down the hill about 30'.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom