Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

[​IMG]Just realized Ernie does have some red too but mostly blk, more so than my others anyway. sorry didn't mean for pic to be so big this came from my profile page. well not so big now lol but so far all my ducklings get the white head no solids yet..

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Aw, so nice.. is this the 9yo? i have no idea how black fleshing matures, he's only turning 2mths.

3. Miss Lydia

Yep this is my 9year old drake back a couple years ago. He still loves to get in the pool just doesn't walk so good anymore. But I do think the brewers yeast has helped him there too.

4. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag

5. Miss Lydia

Thanks muskuslove, he is my very first Scovy came from the river down below us. I still can't believe it was over 9 yrs ago. and so many Scovy's later. LOL

6. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    I know what you mean. Last winter there were suddenly a few ducks in my backyard, begging for food. They were starved. They never left. In fact, i now have a garden full of animals. Chickens, ducks... All thanks to those two..![​IMG]

7. Coupe

Coupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    She hasnt moved off the nest in acouple of days now..maybe a week..she does roll eggs out of the nest once in awhile...They are scovies..when I got the drake acouple years ago, the only ducks there where scovies..and the 2 hens same deal.I know mule ducks are sterile. Maybe I should check again in acouple days..
    [​IMG]

8. Miss Lydia

It's contagious. [​IMG]

9. lesander

lesander Out Of The Brooder

So pretty! I love the chocolate female nice solid colors! Its so hard to tell if their drakes or ducks everyday I look at mine I wonder if they really are girls, the white one I'm pretty sure is a duck, she just looks prettier than the other two, she is almost a week older though.
    Would love to see a pic of the black markings, is it just a random gene that comes up every now and then?

10. daffyduck10

daffyduck10 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by