Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Im pretty sure my drake is infertile
sad.png

My hen has been sitting for a while now and I candled the eggs yesterday but dont see any development
sad.png
Sitting as in clamped down not leaving the nest or just laying?
It's not unusual for the first few eggs to be duds.
Is there a chance that either of them is a mule?
A scovy is different from all other breeds of ducks.
It is the one breed that is not mallard derived.
It's like horses and donkeys - you get mules and mules are sterile.
So if a scovy crosses with any thing other than another scovy -
The resulting offspring are mules, and infertile.

Im pretty sure my drake is infertile
sad.png

My hen has been sitting for a while now and I candled the eggs yesterday but dont see any development
sad.png
Sitting as in clamped down not leaving the nest or just laying?
It's not unusual for the first few eggs to be duds.
Is there a chance that either of them is a mule?
A scovy is different from all other breeds of ducks.
It is the one breed that is not mallard derived.
It's like horses and donkeys - you get mules and mules are sterile.
So if a scovy crosses with any thing other than another scovy -
The resulting offspring are mules, and infertile.

Boys girls??? I'm thinking two boys but that's just from Internet reading???? Like someone who actually raised the breeds opinion

Boys girls??? I'm thinking two boys but that's just from Internet reading???? Like someone who actually raised the breeds opinion
Very hard to say by pics pinks, look at their legs are they thick and set far apart under them? ducks legs are thinner and are set closer together. I'll say this they sure are pretty. and
welcome-byc.gif

There cute! well, are the same sizing, different? drakes grow like weeds and take on massive sizing, legs, feet and overall.. ducks simply don't, they also have a rather feminine look to their face, which i know sounds odd but if you've seen enough of them you know.

Here a shot of some of my past babes.. this guys is June baby, and most definitely a drake.

This is my March hatch, tippy top is the only ducklet, the rest are drakes and no we didn't position them that way.. lol

Same flock just older, the duck is in the pool off to the right...

Hopefully these give you an idea.

So for a real change up i have a June baby with black facial flesh! no pic, have to try and get one of him..

anyways, some updated shots... my two June babies that were left with the flock... and the only darn girl i got to... you can see she's a white and chocolate. I guess this is a good shot for sex comparison.

Some more of the flock in general..

Ha found the black facial fleshed one! a drakelet from June one of the the two i rescued from my nest disaster.

So for a real change up i have a June baby with black facial flesh! no pic, have to try and get one of him..

anyways, some updated shots... my two June babies that were left with the flock... and the only darn girl i got to... you can see she's a white and chocolate. I guess this is a good shot for sex comparison.

Some more of the flock in general..

Ha found the black facial fleshed one! a drakelet from June one of the the two i rescued from my nest disaster.
And as always beautiful I only have one with blk facial flesh and he's my old drake. Ernie

Back
Top Bottom