Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    All of your guy's birds are ADORABLE!! :D I'm hoping to take my young drake, "Sam" (Who is already entered in the fair) for poultry Showmanship!! Anything I should REALLY need to know about Scovys so I can do really well? I'm so excited, I've been taking down notes on the standards, and colors, and facts about them.. :) and of course, doing some daily hands-on time with Sam! :)

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Love to see a pic of Sam. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  3. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    Love to see a pic of Sam aswell...[​IMG]
    In the mean time:
    Found a pic from a few months ago. I couldn`t see where she was, but I heard squeaks, so i put my hand in the hole and this is what i saw on my phone
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Later on i took this shot, there was only one left...
    [​IMG]

My beautiful baby with her little offspring. I love her so much!!

[​IMG]

She`s sitting on some eggs again since two days...
    Looks like she`s smiling in the last picture[​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Your pics are lovely as your ducks and ducklings, Congrats on more babies do you know what got the others?

5. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]These are my broody's only problem they aren't sitting on any eggs, but it doesn't seem to matter to them they are still Miss moody broody's[​IMG] complete with that awful stinky broody poop. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

OH MY GOSH! I thought ducks couldn't hold it like that but then I discovered that was all kindsa wrong when ours went broody and I saw/heard their first "I'm out of the nest" poop. Whoa that is some kinda special right there.
    Beautiful ducks by way, love the bottom two...

7. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    Those sure are nice ducks Miss Lydia.
    To answer your question: When she came out of the hole with her ducklings, the drake tried to jump on her. He was getting impatient. She didn`t want anything to do with that so she swam as fast as she could away from him. Ducklings behind her, trying to keep up. That first day, out of six ducklings, four were eaten by the fish. One week later another one was killed by the drake as he was, again, trying to jump his girl. As a result, I decided to buy two more females. So now he has three women. And next year four. Remember? A blue one!!
    Sadly i`m going on a holiday within a few weeks. That means the young ducklings will be a week old then. My husband thinks its okay, me having all those ducks and chickens, as long as it doesn`t gets in the way of his holiday. I have mixt feelings leaving them behind. Even though someone will take care of them... It`s just not the same. They are used to me, as i am to them. Pffff...[​IMG]

8. lesander

lesander Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

Amazing how quick they grow! This is my first experience with Muscovies and am loving it, so entertaining!

9. lesander

lesander Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]
    The ducklings with their momma at 2 weeks old.

10. Miss Lydia

You are so Right The Howards. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by