Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Your kidding! wow, that is great to hear actually, i was beginning to wonder if i was alone with this oddity. I have yet to see it again either, not such a dramatic change, although i know Muscovy are quite the ever changing birds. [​IMG]

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I am a noob!

Is this the right place to come if I want my hand held?

3. crissycriss

crissycriss Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    My drake has turned blue he was a lilac(blue fawn). Very pretty.

4. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

OK, I posted my serious questions in the "Attention Muscovy lovers" thread, but here are my color questions......

I HAVE, looked through a good number of pictures, but I just don't feel very confident at identifying by myself.

[​IMG]
    This is mama number 3, with her two half grown ducklings. The dark duckling is a male, the very light one is a female.

[​IMG]
    Same mama number 3, same half grown ducks, just a different shot

[​IMG]
    Female number 2 baby girl behind her and baby boy in front of her and left

[​IMG]
    Female number 1 on left with two year old drake in middle and head of female number 3 on right

[​IMG]
    All of them together....they look a little rough. #1, male, #3, baby male, #2, baby girl

The poor things had to be caught in a muddy pen which made them very muddy, then transported in dog crates, then I clipped the wings of the grown females, and they were released.

The drake has only pin feathers on his wings....hard molt? As in NOT A SINGLE full grown feather. I asked the lady I bought them from, she thought it was just a molt (no trauma that she knew of). The two little ones are also all pin feathers on the wings, but it is clearly because they are just babies.

All three girls looked like they were about to go through a molt, their feathers were way ratty, and there were a very few pin feathers, but I was still able to cut all flight feathers (as in I only saw maybe two pin feathers, and they were still very short, almost all flight feathers were full grown and very old).

So......can anyone tell me the colors?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  5. Duck Love07 AR

Duck Love07 AR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2013
    Trumann Arkansas
    Well it is getting chilly here is the only reason I fond it odd for her to lay again. That and only one of my two started this time

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

I'll leave the colors to those that are into that sort of thing, I just wanted to say [​IMG] and your new Scovy's are absolutely beautiful. and yes molting is starting here big time so most likely that's what is going on with yours.

7. Lake Sai

Lake Sai New Egg

Aug 5, 2013
    Peotone, IL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    Lake sai, i love that black one...[​IMG]

9. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So sorry for posting so many pictures. I just love taking pictures of them. Especially when it`s still nice weather outside. Three more weeks now, then my broody duck hopefully will have some beautiful little ones...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  10. Lake Sai

Lake Sai New Egg

Aug 5, 2013
    Peotone, IL
    Thank you!

They are funny. I spent time to watch them in the yard. I forgot to write about each of them.

:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by