Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

When I was outside a while ago I had to share this looks like my goose Missy is giving a bit of advise to her duckling friends. I think she has decided to be "mother goose" to them.
    [​IMG]They aren't too sure at this stage of their lives they need one though

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. gaitngirl

gaitngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe she's telling them stories, lol.

3. gaitngirl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My current not-so-little ones. These are 12 that I took in along with 3 adults from a gentleman in a neighboring township. There were 5 more little ones but they went to a new home with a fellow BYC member. I decided to keep the rest.
    I love watching their colors change. It looks like I'll have 5 chocolate pieds, 6 black or blue pieds, and one all white. The white was from a later hatch. I have the mother (unless it was a stolen nest) and the most likely father. But the place they came from was literally overrun with scovies.

4. muskuslove

muskuslove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    Miss Lydia, those are really pretty ducks you got there..! And a beautiful goose! How sweet she`s looking after them..:)

5. muskuslove

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    Good thing you took so many! Especially since it was so overcrowded over there. But that can happen in a heartbeat. They are very fruitful...!

6. gaitngirl

The guy I got them from lived next to people who were advertising on CL that they would take any and all unwanted barnyard animals. Then the township found out . . . and came in with vans and trucks and hauled most of the animals away. The muscovies escaped capture apparently and took the place over. These were hatched in a goat shed on this guy's property - he didn't want them going back over and continuing to breed so he contacted me (he tried to talk me into taking more, lol, along with a few crested Rouens). I had to say no - I don't want to end up in the same boat as his neighbor. But I did help him find homes for them.

7. muskuslove

Jul 19, 2013
    Nederland, Den Haag
    Wow Gaitngirl... Good thing you helped him! [​IMG]

Here are some pics i like to share.
    This is my daughter having a conversation with my drake...
    [​IMG]

Later on Jip walked inside, hoping to find a treat...
    [​IMG]

She`s a real topmodel...:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here she is with her sister
    [​IMG]

Later alligator...!

8. Miss Lydia

So nice of you to help as Muskus says very easy to get over run and no matter how much we love them that doesn't make for a good situation. Your Scovys are gorgeous and it is fun watching them change into their many colors and patterns.

9. Miss Lydia

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous is all I have to say. love them butts!

10. Lorien

Lorien Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I had a hen do this too! So wierd. Now I can't figure out genetics for her babies...

Edit: hen changed from black to chocolate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by