Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. insanity

insanity Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2013
    Northwest Wy
    We are on day 4 and all seems well. My hens are pretty used to cultural diversity. They have seen every weird feathers, body type. you name it. I will keep an eye on them. Thanks

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Always thinking something yummy is on the other side.
    [​IMG] Is she still brooding?

3. Miss Lydia

Glad to hear all is well. I think some hens are just more high strung too. I think the games I use to keep wouldn't have done very well penned up with ducklings.

4. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    yes.. but we aren't sure quite yet on if they'll hatch.. i guess they got cold.. but they were very close to hatching day, so we'll see what happens

5. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    Quacker the Quackless :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]

7. Miss Lydia

She is very pretty, and I like her setup too. when you take her to the river she doesn't swim off?

8. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    She usually comes back on land when she's done swimming. I've never had too much trouble with her running away. She loosely listens and follows so most of the time I don't have to worry. She is an imprinted duck. She has been a little brat today though. Running away from me when I go to pick her up. But she still stays near me.

9. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I have a few questions about Quacker. When do muscovies usually start laying? Do they go broody often?

10. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Generally 5-6mths but their are exceptions some do as early as 4mth some pushing later to 8mths, definitely depend on the climate and where their age falls within the seasons changes.

Broodines is something scovies girls are very skilled at, now i have a few who are not so intense but generally speaking? they'll drive you insane with it lol mind you i keep drakes so i would bet that encourages them a bit. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by