Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I have some babies to sell.
lau.gif

No shipping, pick-up only.
You reckon he is in Alaska, Alaskan?
lol.png

and Muscovy would help if you at least gave the state your in.
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I forgot to ask......

A raptor about the same size to just slightly smaller than a muscovy (comparing body to body) CAN kill a muscovy, right??
Yes raptors have that ability and Scovy's really don't have an way of defending them selves against talons and that beak. We just had a close encounter with either a Red tail or Goshawk not sure but very large it killed one of my bantam hens.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! It is going to be a cold one tonight here in norther Wisconsin ! -25 to-30 with the wind chill factor. My poor Scovies. But they got a heap of good fresh straw to hunker down in. I feel bad for them when it gets this cold.. But they seem to take it all in stride.

Last edited:
And yes muskuslove they do waddle right on in don't they. you can share your story if you'd like. I know I'd like to hear it.

Well, if i want to tell the hole story, i have to go back three years ago. It wasn`t the moment that i met them, but something else happend. I got cancer. Bonecancer to be precise. From that moment i stopped working and after treatment (about a year) i was at home 24/7. Although i was cured, i couldn`t work anymore. The first two years i sometimes got so bored! Nothing to do, except for cleaning the house. Pfff...
Then one day i was looking out of my window and noticed a funny duck sitting across the lake in front of my house. I stared at it for five minutes and decided to go outside with some bread.
All the ducks were comming at me, but the funny duck was just staring at me. After a view minutes he finaly decided that he wanted a piece of the bread as well and he flew right at me. He landed at my feet and i had never seen such a big duck!! I also never met a duck that would come so close!!
After an our he came back, this time with his wife..:) Such a sweetie. I started feeding them everyday and after three weeks i asked my husband if we could buy a doghouse for them. By that time he also started to like them. But not the poops though.... But every time when he got home from work the ducks waddled right behind him to the frontdoor. So funny!!

Ducks first home...

Waaaaaaaayyy to small...:)
So we built a new one. Bigger.... and in came the chickens as well...

And more....

By that time my days where filled...with love...

I started noticing that my duck was having a hard time with my drake, so we bought two more ducks..

And said goodbye to two more ducks due to pneumonia...:-(
Benjamin

And Puck

Hard lesson....

And built

Last edited:
And built them a bigger place to hide

I feel blessed with them!
They make my life so much more beautiful!

I don`t care if it freezes, rains or storms, i`m outside with my animals! And i`m having big fun!
People don`t always understand. They say they`re dirty. I should get rit of them. Thankfully the most important person would never say this to me. My husband.
Ofcourse, i have to do a lot of cleaning at daily basis. But that`s my choice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom