Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I found babies today! SO happy! I now have a box of epic cuteness in my living room lol I was shocked, I had contacted the person before, and she was selling all her muscovy eggs, but I didnt have an incubator. She doesn't intentionally let babies hatch. Well I asked one more time, and lo and behold, she had a mam show up with 12 babies last night! I bought them all... All the yellow ones have spots on their heads, some gray, some brown. I'm told they will just fade to white ducks? What about the 2 light brown ones? what color might they be?
I love little ducklings they're so cute!! The person is correct that the yellow ones will be white and the the black and yellow ones should be black and white pied also i think that the brown and yellow ones will be chocolate and white:)

The ceramic eggs arrived last week. I am happy to report that two of the muscovies have carved out nests in the duck house and are laying again. As long as I leave them their "special" eggs, they seem fine with the others disappearing. Thanks for the solution!

I found babies today! SO happy! I now have a box of epic cuteness in my living room lol I was shocked, I had contacted the person before, and she was selling all her muscovy eggs, but I didnt have an incubator. She doesn't intentionally let babies hatch. Well I asked one more time, and lo and behold, she had a mam show up with 12 babies last night! I bought them all...

All the yellow ones have spots on their heads, some gray, some brown. I'm told they will just fade to white ducks? What about the 2 light brown ones? what color might they be?

How adorable but you need a much bigger brooder already they are going to sure mess that one up quick. Congrats on the cuties.

Okay I have a question about how to fix the feet, @Kathy -how do I use the tape

Te baby is doing great to day but it doesn't want to eat, it might have to be tube fed for a while , it's weak but strong , and I don't know if the told was absorbed or not, all I know is the belly button was still sticking out and it bled for a little yesterday but the bleeding was stopped and everything is good, it's just so weak but strong for a baby who was born out of those conditions, I think it'll live. I'll post some pics later
Clean the belly button with warm water, if you have some blue kote spray it. Keep it from getting infected..

I found babies today! SO happy! I now have a box of epic cuteness in my living room lol I was shocked, I had contacted the person before, and she was selling all her muscovy eggs, but I didnt have an incubator. She doesn't intentionally let babies hatch. Well I asked one more time, and lo and behold, she had a mam show up with 12 babies last night! I bought them all...

All the yellow ones have spots on their heads, some gray, some brown. I'm told they will just fade to white ducks? What about the 2 light brown ones? what color might they be?

Congrats, they're cute! The brown are chocolates.

-Kathy

The ceramic eggs arrived last week. I am happy to report that two of the muscovies have carved out nests in the duck house and are laying again. As long as I leave them their "special" eggs, they seem fine with the others disappearing. Thanks for the solution!
Works great doesn't it. and those eggs could sure fool me.

Last edited:
Thanks rain :/...

Ok apparently it will only let me add one pics per post so I'll post a couple. These are my new babies, wondering if I should give anything special to them, 3 of them have issues. 2 have wonky beaks, this is one. They are active and I assume everyone is eating, but I am separating them from the others just so I can watch them closer.

Back
Top Bottom