Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Update: got little ducky the nutri-drench and it helped tremendously! After giving that yesterday and feeding/ by hand, this morning he was up and walking around the bator (still a little wobbly).. his belly button is dried up, so I moved him to the brooder and first thing he did was take a few drinks on his own and then snuggled with his horsey. Things are looking up for little guy
smile.png

What an adorable duckling and such great news. Any ducklings hatched here get Nutri drench in their water every day first week every other day second week and then 2X a week each week after that till 10-12 weeks old. Little one sure looks precious cuddling with it's horsey.
love.gif

Update: got little ducky the nutri-drench and it helped tremendously! After giving that yesterday and feeding/ by hand, this morning he was up and walking around the bator (still a little wobbly).. his belly button is dried up, so I moved him to the brooder and first thing he did was take a few drinks on his own and then snuggled with his horsey. Things are looking up for little guy :)

That's great news :)

Update: got little ducky the nutri-drench and it helped tremendously! After giving that yesterday and feeding/ by hand, this morning he was up and walking around the bator (still a little wobbly).. his belly button is dried up, so I moved him to the brooder and first thing he did was take a few drinks on his own and then snuggled with his horsey. Things are looking up for little guy :)

From my point of view things are looking sideways for the little guy! Love his horsey friend.

What will I do (first brood for me)? I may sell some, but the plan is to keep a few for egg production, and the rest for meat. I actually had a difficult time typing that last part. Dang it...

I couldn't do that, sell mine or eat them , not how I roll, like how could somebody eat a duck that they raised from a cute little defenseless baby ? Sorry I just ain't bout dat life

Bellatrix has gone broody, but I am taking the eggs. Not going to let them have babies with the males around there are 4. And I have no where else to put her so she can have the babies

Well, I can see babies ! not sure how many have hatched so far.. There will be 11 when they are all out. Mama is VERY protective so i can see them all lol.. I have the bite marks on my hands to prove it ... I will post some pics when she comes out with her new family.
smile.png
Looks to be allot of chocolates and chocolate pied.

Back
Top Bottom