Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hi guys, I have decided to make a coop on stilts it will been around 6 and 1/2 ft high and with a opening large enough for Muscovy hens, if I was to leave this open at night would foxes be able to get inside? ( in the I'll so foxes are the only predators) thanks again dan

Hi guys, I have decided to make a coop on stilts it will been around 6 and 1/2 ft high and with a opening large enough for Muscovy hens, if I was to leave this open at night would foxes be able to get inside? ( in the I'll so foxes are the only predators) thanks again dan
So you plan on having just Muscovy ducks no drakes? Only problem I see with this idea is most likely your ducks won't use it do you plan on training them to fly up the 6.5 ft in the air to go inside? or are you going to build a ramp for them to use. If you build a ramp then they will be susceptible to predation from foxes do you have owls they will be the predator at night with addition to the foxes.Why do you not want a reg duck house on the ground with a door that can be shut at night to protect your ducks?

Can someone tell me the best way to reach Richard Ruby with South Carolina Muscovy Rescue? My wife and I live in Summerville, SC and would love to put some in the pond behind our condo. We feed ducks, geese, sea gulls and others twice a day.

Thanks,
Dennis 502-298-5682
Dennisgmiller @yahoo.com

Can someone tell me the best way to reach Richard Ruby with South Carolina Muscovy Rescue? My wife and I live in Summerville, SC and would love to put some in the pond behind our condo. We feed ducks, geese, sea gulls and others twice a day.

Thanks,
Dennis 502-298-5682
Dennisgmiller @yahoo.com
here is alot of info https://www.google.com/search?cof=L...Ruby+SC+Muscovy+Rescue&btnG=Search&gws_rd=ssl

Not sure how far Summerville is from Indian trail NC outside of Charlotte but Carolina Water fowl rescue may have Muscovy's.

Welcome to BYC

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom