Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hey everyone:frow I've been swamped with a new job and lots of ducks. I hope everyone is doing well and hello to all of the new members.
I have a question... any suggestions on what dimensions to use for an opening that adult drakes can not get into but hens can?

Measure your hens and your drakes. Compare the sizes. I've never tried to make a hen only opening, but I'll measure my hens and drakes tomorrow for you to get a opening measurement.

Also congrats on new job and welcome back!
Hey everyone:frow I've been swamped with a new job and lots of ducks. I hope everyone is doing well and hello to all of the new members.
I have a question... any suggestions on what dimensions to use for an opening that adult drakes can not get into but hens can?

Shipping costs are around $40-$60 depending on where you are from sender to receiver.
I had 4 young females shipped from the bottom of Indiana to me cost $57.79 but it was express overnight shipping.
Hahah. How much does it cost to ship live cargo? My dad is a truck driver, but I don't think he usually runs that far north.

Anyone want to trade Muscovy Hatching Eggs Come spring of 2018?
I have breeding groups separated for breeding in spring:
Group 1: Blacks and black pieds
Group 2: Blues, Blue Barreds, Blue Pieds, Pearl Greys.
Group 3: Chocolate, Chocolate Barreds,
Group 4: White
Group 5: Lavender

I'm buying a couple extremely broody chicken hens from my friend soon and wanted to use them as hatchers for Muscovy eggs. So my Muscovy's can continue laying eggs.

Measure your hens and your drakes. Compare the sizes. I've never tried to make a hen only opening, but I'll measure my hens and drakes tomorrow for you to get a opening measurement.

Also congrats on new job and welcome back!
Thank you:) It was actually a change in departments with additional functions:rolleyes: lol. I'm too old to learn new things, lol. I will try to measure some today. My girls always run into the pen to get away from the boys so I thought I'd fix it so they couldn't come in after them.

Back
Top Bottom