Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hi!
I'm looking for opinions on what breed of duck we should get. Muscovies are on the top of my list.
My husband wants ducks, so I thought for Father's Day I would get him 2.

We currently have 34 chickens that have a large coop. We have an automatic chicken door for the coop.

We do not have a covered run. The reason is because the run is under our fruit trees. It is fenced. They have around 2500 square feet.

We have neighbors that we annoy with our 5 roosters, so that's a big reason I have been looking at muscovies....the quiet factor!

Can 2 ducks fit in with this set up?

We do have a smaller coop as well that we use for chicks/pullets before they get introduced to the big flock.

The 2 breeds I thought sounded good for us are Muscovy or khaki Campbell.

Any and all opinions welcomed!

Thank you!

Hi!
I'm looking for opinions on what breed of duck we should get. Muscovies are on the top of my list.

We currently have 34 chickens that have a large coop. We have an automatic chicken door for the coop.

We do not have a covered run. The reason is because the run is under our fruit trees. It is fenced. They have around 2500 square feet.

We have neighbors that we annoy with our 5 roosters, so that's a big reason I have been looking at muscovies....the quiet factor!

We do have a smaller coop as well that we use for chicks/pullets before they get introduced to the big flock.

Thank you!
My muscovy get along with my chickens for the most part with occasional goosing of each other. You can clip a wing on hens to keep them grounded. They will cause wetness around your waterers, and will need at least buckets or pans to take baths in year round. I like them because they are quiet too.

Hi!

Thank you!
I love my muscovies. They can fly and perch. I keep mine separated from my chickens though. The chickens like to figure out the pecking order and I don't want them pecking my babies (12 weeks old so they probably aren't really babies, but they did scream and run when the chickens tried to kung fu fight them.)
However, yesterday the chickens made their way to the duck side and by the time I found out, they were all getting along ok. The ducks were staring at the chickens and when I shooed the chickens back to their side, they ran past the ducks like they were running for their lives. :lau

dscn4947-jpg.1417955
dscn4948-jpg.1417956
dscn4957-jpg.1417957

Bell with her new ducklings!
:love

Back
Top Bottom