Muscovy momma

Muscovy-palooza

Songster
Oct 17, 2018
East Tennessee
Hello fellow critter lovers. I live on a 23 acre farm in the appalachian mountains with my husband and 29 yr old son. We had a wild female Muscovy appear on our place in March 2017. My husband worked hard at taming her until he had her eating out of his hand. After a while "Buffy" started making it a routine to take a morning flight. Then she started taking off and staying gone for longer periods until eventually she never came back. A month or two later our adult children found some Muscovy duckling's for sale locally on Craigslist. They surprised their dad with 3 babies. As it turned out, we had 2 males and 1 female. This was early last summer. Fast forward to today and we now have 20 Muscovy ducks in addition to 7 donkeys, 1 horse, 3 cats and 2 dogs. We are interested in Homesteading in the future. However, that has been been put on the back burner as I have acquired Mal de Debarqment Syndrome, MdDS, as a result from taking a cruise. While I am focused on ridding myself of this mysterious illness the fact remains that we still have a large flock of Muscovy babies to care for. We are simply learning as we go and are looking forward to sharing this journey with the BYC community.

BYC Welcome 7.jpg

Make yourself at home here and best wishes!

Hi and welcome to BYC. This is where the duck peeps hang out - Ducks

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar - including your location is very helpful). You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom