Muscovy!!

Quote:
I'm in Australia and kangaroo meat has come onto the market... I would rather the kangaroo meant because you know that the animal has had a large area to run in, and it's humane because they put the bullet between their head, no pain at all. Whereas cows are bred in horrible conditions. Normally people don't like eating the kangaroo meat because they say it's an Australian animal, well a cow is worshiped in India, what's the difference?

I got no problems eating most anything, what I don't appreciate is the misrepresentation of an item. Like here in the states we call Kobe beef to any cow grown from the waygui (Sp) heredity, where as real Kobe beef comes from Kobe japan of the waygui breed and has a traditional artisianal process involved in how the cow is raised and slaughtered. But Muscovy's sure do taste good as a meat bird.

I feel the same way, Freakmonger. Although horse meat eh.....If you told me it was something else, maybe.... I think it's a cultural thing here. Horses are for riding, lawn mowing, companionship. I know its a delicacy in France. I remember reading about the massive wild horse round up in Alberta some years ago? They were quite a nuisance, apparently. They shipped them, or the meat to France. I'm all for trying different kinds of meat, I just like to know how it was harvested.

Would you be able to ship eggs to me someday? I'm hoping work will be done by summer. You never can tell with these things. They got a lot of work done today, but taking a week off next week. I'll have my new Genesis incubator too. Yay!

I've never shipped eggs but i'd be willing to give it a try for you! it would be fun to see what results you did get.

I'm in Australia and kangaroo meat has come onto the market...I would rather the kangaroo meant because you know that the animal has had a large area to run in, and it's humane because they put the bullet between their head, no pain at all. Whereas cows are bred in horrible conditions. Normally people don't like eating the kangaroo meat because they say it's an Australian animal, well a cow is worshiped in India, what's the difference?

Well i'll be first to admit i know nothing about kangaroos(well they hop and i know in your country in some areas have become a nuisance) but horsemeat, well without again twisting the point of the thread they are not bred for it and the awful stories of who gets at the meat lots is bad, fwiw i have spent my entire life around the horses.. my mother was into them so i know first hand the nightmares and the rescue efforts, that one is no black and white situation.

I feel the same way, Freakmonger. Although horse meat eh.....If you told me it was something else, maybe.... I think it's a cultural thing here. Horses are for riding, lawn mowing, companionship. I know its a delicacy in France. I remember reading about the massive wild horse round up in Alberta some years ago? They were quite a nuisance, apparently. They shipped them, or the meat to France. I'm all for trying different kinds of meat, I just like to know how it was harvested.
And that is the key of the problem with horse meat... again eek... i don't want to turn this thread, all i will add is this is highly controversial ask any horse group to explain further, it's no cultural thing it's like your lost dog being sold for someones science experiment. Terrible, terrible things happen.. i can't even put it properly into words.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom