Mushroom foragers

Yesterday was a miserable weather day. Today is looking fantastic!

Until 20 minutes ago when the sky’s opened up and we got dumped on. Which really ticks me off.. the weather dorks promised us a dry weekend!!

Now they go back on their word.. I have shrooms to pick but can’t get out because it never stops raining.

Went for a long walk with my youngest boy looking. Hit a big area of oaks that were logged off few yrs back hoping. Didn't find anything but had a couple questions of maybe the start of hen and chicken. Can't find any pics on the net of immature just starting to grow.
Hen? Or maybe turkeytail? Only about the size of a quarter
0915191611.jpg

And this one, possible chicken starting? Pretty small things also
0915191625.jpg

Not sure what they look like when they start out.
Heading out tomorrow to where I found a nice big bear's head tooth last yr.

Well, went back to where I found yummy bear heads tooth last yr, only one golf ball size one there so I left it, looked all around the area nothing else. Can't seem to find edible mushrooms but I sure can find medicinal. Guy at work told me chaga on Birch is more prevalent for what he's seen when it is surrounded by hemlock and near water like a stream or spring run. I was bowhunting around a swamp today surrounded by hemlock and spruce saw a few birch thinking about what he said and walla! Found two nice one's on two different trees and then run into a nice bunch of starting reishi.
1003191651a.jpg
1003191657.jpg

Well, went back to where I found yummy bear heads tooth last yr, only one golf ball size one there so I left it, looked all around the area nothing else. Can't seem to find edible mushrooms but I sure can find medicinal. Guy at work told me chaga on Birch is more prevalent for what he's seen when it is surrounded by hemlock and near water like a stream or spring run. I was bowhunting around a swamp today surrounded by hemlock and spruce saw a few birch thinking about what he said and walla! Found two nice one's on two different trees and then run into a nice bunch of starting reishi.
View attachment 1924925 View attachment 1924929

nice find!!

Chaga can be hard to find.

I did not know “reishi” had any uses. I had to go look it up. I have seen it and figured it worthless.

Back
Top Bottom