mushroom soup

Sorry. That's close enough to how I make my mushroom soup so that it there is no value in posting mine.

If you want it to taste like Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, use dried mushrooms instead of fresh. You can add little bits of meat if you want it more like a main dish. Different types of mushrooms will change the flavor a bit. I just use the standard ones from the grocery store.

You can also make mushroom soup with a clear broth and leave the cream out, if you want a clear soup. Little green rings of sliced green onion top look pretty in a clear broth mushroom soup.

It would make a difference if you gave some sort of hint about the recipe that you are looking for, instead of just saying it was mushroom soup.

Quote:
Dang, I thought you were going to have post a recipe for homemade mushroom soup. I love really good homemade mushroom soup. But, I despise canned cream of mushroom. Won't even by it as a starter for other things. Actually, I don't buy canned stuff at all anymore, except a few canned tomatoes at the end of the winter if I start to run out and some canned fish, oysters.

Back
Top Bottom