music to hatch by :)

I was reading about hens laying better with music. Really interesting! They said they laid the best to rock music, but thought it was too stimulating. In second was classical, which was seen to be soothing. And in third was reggae.

Hopefully some music will encourage the babies to come out and hatch. Maybe they'll think the party's started.
smile.png

My eggs are listening to my teen's music. Reckon they'll be too depressed to hatch? Or angry at me and all other authority figures?
Since I'm hatching Blue Orps & Blue Black Americaunas, they'll at least be wearing her colors
gig.gif

The banty chochins and silkies won't be, though. But they're too soft and fluffy to count, right? Anybody with feathers on their feet is immediately suspect in her teen world....

Quote:
LOL!!!

This thread caused a coffee spew on my keyboard. My week olds really chill out when I put on the weather channel with whatever you want to call the music they play so I wonder what piped in egg music would do?

Quote:
LOL!!!

This thread caused a coffee spew on my keyboard. My week olds really chill out when I put on the weather channel with whatever you want to call the music they play so I wonder what piped in egg music would do?

Sorry to make you spew. Sometimes my teen makes me spew, too, and not in a nice way!

DH hates it when I sit with the Weather Channel as background noise while I read. He calls that 'elevator muzak for weather nerds'... I'll bet the peeps would love it. Nice and stressless.
Think the weather people voices would get them accustomed to people and help them be more tame throughout life?

Hmmn.

Quote:
Do they hatch out banging thier little chickie glam do's?
lau.gif

The polish chicks, at least! What a mental picture.

I was contemplating playing music for my hatchers, too. I know my husband will roll his eyes at that one, but what the heck. Maybe a little salsa...

Right now my chicks are listening to Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach's Symphonies For Strings and Continuo. They are very mellow little guys when put in the brooder.

Back
Top Bottom