Must find home for my hens... :-(

Avrilon

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 2, 2007
Georgia Mountains
Hi all,

My husband and I must find a new home for our hens since we have to move back to the city where we can't keep them. We currently live in Dahlonega, Georgia. My hens are my buddies and it rips my heart out to have to give them up, but I have no choice.
sad.png
They are 3 years old and some are going through a molt right now. They are pets and are used to being held and picked up and I'd love to find someone who can love them and keep them safe from predators.

I have:

4 standard blue cochins (one solid black, two the "blue" color, and one a dark gray)
1 black copper maran
5 buff orpingtons
3 standard light Brahmas (might have found them a home, but it is not certain yet)

Here is a picture of three of the cochins and the black copper maran. The other cochin is solid black.

If anyone would like these hens, please let me know! They are wonderful, friendly birds. Respond here or to my email at [email protected]. I can take current pictures of the other hens if necessary, but all are beautiful birds. They are healthy and have never been sick. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
April

Hang in there. I can imagine how hard it is on you to find new homes for your girls. I live in Oklahoma or I would take them. Have you put any flyers up? The feed store would be a good place and we have one of those "thrifty nickle" newspapers that is all "classified" posts and ads. I see lots of "livestock" classifieds.

Good luck, April.

Hang in there. I can imagine how hard it is on you to find new homes for your girls. I live in Oklahoma or I would take them. Have you put any flyers up? The feed store would be a good place and we have one of those "thrifty nickle" newspapers that is all "classified" posts and ads. I see lots of "livestock" classifieds.

Good luck, April.

Thank you weezilgirl :) I haven't put any flyers up yet, but will if I need to. We have a few months to find my girls a home, so I will try all venues. Thank your for the suggestions.

Sorry you have to rehome your girls. I would be so upset also I love my chickens. I hope you find them great homes, those Cochins you have are to die for, so lovely. Have you looked at the ordinance in the city you are moving to? Maybe you allowed a very small number of chickens. maybe you could keep 3 or so of your favorites.

The Cochin hens are super pretty! They will get a good home in no time! I wish I could take them! I hold my chickens a lot and keep them very tame, it sounds like you want them to have a home like my chickens have. But I have 22 chickens already and I live in CA. Anyways sorry you have to re-home them. It must be hard. I know I would be so sad if I had to re - home my flock. Well I hope they find a great home where they get lots of love and attention ( and are safe from predators). Good Luck!
- Roostersandhens

Thank you chicken pickin and roostersandhens. It's heartbreaking for sure. Thanks for the compliments on my cochins; they are the most peaceful and docile of my group... very sweet. :)

Just bumping this up in case anyone out there might like my girls since we must find them new homes. Does anyone know of a sanctuary in Georgia that would take them if all else fails? I've not been able to find one. I am afraid that we might have to put them all down and that is so horrible that I can't let myself think too much about it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom