muti-species sweet mix from TSC for hens

I have 10 ISA brown hens and they lay like no tomorrow. I have to feed them All-natural feed because I am a supplier for a farmer that has a natural foods business. Is the hubbard feed all-natural? What constitutes all natural anyway? I have read so many different things I am getting confused. I dont know if it means no animal by-products or what. I see where some all-natural/organic feeds contain fish meal. So I buy my Layena from the farmer when he has extra bags but I want to be less dependant. He says layena is the only certified all-natural feed. I would like to expand my operation but am in a holding patern untill I get the feed situation figured out. Chickens are so much fun!

Also I tried raking leaves and using them for bedding we will see how it goes. I use BOSS as an every now and then scratch. They love it but it adds omega 6's to the picture and it gives them a case of the runs, it doesnt bother them but I go through bedding faster. I am going to be using a bagging mower to put a big pile of grass clippings in their run for the winter. During the growing season they eat massive amounts of cucumbers, and weeds from my garden. They are my employees and help me get rid of garden waste. They get about a wheel barrow full every other day along with their feed. Any more ideas I could do to help streamline my system?

In my area TSC sells, All Brand Sweet feed, it comes in 10% or 12% protien. I use the 12% for my horses, the 12% and good grass keeps them nice.

I would not feed this to my chickens as their only feed. I do give my chickens a handfull as a treat, but I don't think they like it very much.

Feed is cheaper at TSC than it is at the local feed stores. I feed Dumor laying pellets. Couple dollars cheaper than Layena.

Back
Top Bottom