mutts?

chicknadventure

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
southeast
I am apparently a mad scientist and can't WAIT to breed a bunch of mutts to see what I get :)

I want to breed my Black Turken to my Gold Frizzle and my Wren-marked Ameracuana Roo to my white silkies and Copper Maran.

I will be breeding the Turken also to my 2 new chickens (when I decide what to get-it's between Australorp, more Marans, or Barred Rocks)

I was thinking that tiny little colorful eggs from the silkies would be super neat, and of course trying for olives :)

The others are because I live in Florida, and I have been told that Turkens are great for hot areas, and the egg laying should stay consistent.

Any feedback? I can't wait to see my crazy babies!

We hatched some eggs a couple of weeks ago. Just for fun, we put a couple of mutts in to see what we would get. One is a Cuckoo Maran crossed with a Golden Laced Polish. The chick is black with a mohawk and beard. And one is an EE crossed with our Silver Laced Wyandotte. That chick is silver with black chipmunk stripes with a cute little beard. They are sooo cute. I am hatching more EE and Marans Mixes as well as some Leghorn mixes. I'm like you. Can't wait to see what I get.

Back
Top Bottom