My 12x12 wire coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WoundedEgo, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Please post some pictures before you fix itit will be nice for everybody to share before and after.

2. kalaim

kalaim Songster

Jul 22, 2008
    Having raised raccoons (I'm a wildlife rehabilitator), they will climb the fence or most likely go up the trees and into the cage that way.

You'll have to find a way to secure the top somehow, or make sure they are secure at night at the least.

I'm pretty sure, even a raccoon could cause enough problems and get a garbage can open too and get them out. They are very smart!

Good luck! You sound dedicated and loving it!

3. WoundedEgo

WoundedEgo In the Brooder

Oct 1, 2008
    Alabama
    Regarding pix - my wife is out of the country for another month - with the camera! (I hate that she is travelling back so close to Thanksgiving - so many turkeys get killed around then!) But I do plan on posting pix when I can.

I looked at your blog and you have done a beautiful job. Someone not far from here is offering a house built in 1941 for whoever wants to come tear it down. I would jump at the chance to get those materials for my coop but I am buried in work right now.

Regarding Rocky and the other Racoons, we're on the honor system until I can obtain some large tubs and can secure their doors, which I will do when I get paid in a week or so. Until then, maybe my son's annoying dogs will redeem themselves by keeping Rocky away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: