My 19 old turkey hen is wanting to mate?!

birdiefluff

Chirping
Jan 25, 2019
NC
Hello all! My 19 week old broad breasted white turkey hen is I believe wanting to mate?! Can she be bred at that young? She was acting weird the past 2 days and would lay down in front of me and spread her wings out. I have 2 Tom's her age and I'm wondering if I can inseminate her from one of my Tom's? Is it hard to do? One of my other hens must've strained her right leg from jumping off of a trailer where they sleep at night and she had her 1 ml. of penicillin G tonight. Is there anything else yall would recommend?

The broad breasted whites have been bred for early maturity. Over the last few years, there have been numerous reports of BBW hens laying their first egg at 5 months old.

It sounds like she is displaying a desire to mate and I am sure she is capable of being bred and then laying fertile eggs.

The broad breasted whites have been bred for early maturity. Over the last few years, there have been numerous reports of BBW hens laying their first egg at 5 months old.

It sounds like she is displaying a desire to mate and I am sure she is capable of being bred and then laying fertile eggs.
She will be 5 months old the 26th of this month

Back
Top Bottom