1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

my 1st egg and it is HUGE

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kim10261, Aug 28, 2014.

1. kim10261

kim10261 Chirping

Apr 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

2. Mahan5175

Mahan5175 Chirping

Jul 28, 2014
    Congrats!!!! I still have to wait another 3 or more weeks!!! But getting anxious!!! And you are right, that is huge!!!

3. Farm Girl 1

Farm Girl 1 Chirping

Aug 26, 2014
    Now I'm jealous!! I still have 3 more weeks until mine are 16 weeks so I'll probably have to wait over a month for an egg!

4. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chirping

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Congrats finding the first egg is always exciting. That is a huge egg!!! :) I have never had any of my chicken lay a first egg as big as that but I did get a double yolked as a first egg which was strange :):D

5. krista74

krista74 Songster

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Holy Moly! [​IMG]

She was obviously saving it up, lol.

Congrats!

- Krista

6. kim10261

kim10261 Chirping

Apr 20, 2014
    I know I was not expecting any eggs until October,the 10th of this month they will be 5 months old,I just put them on the layer food a few weeks ago..as far as I know only the one out of the 3 hens are laying and they are all the same age and breed,I bought them all as BO but the 3 hens are not BO's,not sure what they are I posted a pic of them asking if anyone knew what breed they are but have not gotten any replys the 2 possible 3 roosters are BO's,sure did not want 3 roosters and I really only wanted BO's,but I have raised these babies since they were 4 days old and I love them all so much,they are so spoiled,thev come when called they all are friendly,and they do not make a lot of noise one of my roosters started crowing at 2 months old and the other started crowing a couple weeks ago,the POSSIBLE 3rd rooster has not crowed,praying it is a hen,the comb and wattle does not look like the 2 roosters but the feathers do,so I am praying for a hen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: