My 1st egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mix3dbreed, Mar 3, 2016.

1. mix3dbreed

mix3dbreed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    So i starte back in september. Got an incubator. Got 48 eggs and put them in there. The results is already in one of my threads.
    Alot of you helped me out so much. Because honestle i didnt have a clue what i was doing.
    I still dont most of the time.

So today is the final day of acomplishments. One of my chicks put her 1st egg.

Im not sure what to do with it. I want to make something special. So this thread is for all of you who have done or have a good sugestion for me.

Not boiling or craking the egg. But probably will have to make a hole and take the egg white and yolk.

Any ideas ladies and gents?

2. gizzyntaz

gizzyntaz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2015
    We got our first egg on Monday. By this morning we had 4 and we scrambled them. They were super tasty! All I did was take lots of pictures to commemorate! It is so exciting, congrats!

1 person likes this.
  3. mix3dbreed

Sep 17, 2015
    I dont expect many eggs right away. But im going to separate them in that box until i find out which one layed that egg.

4. disneyguy

disneyguy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    First eggs are super exciting - get ready for a lot more!!

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations on getting that 1st egg (1st of many)!

If you want to keep the egg, there are threads about blown eggs that members have decorated like for Christmas ornaments like this one:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/606710/my-christmas-ornament-eggs

I wish I would have thought of that to preserve my girl's first eggs. We just ate them!

1 person likes this.
  6. mix3dbreed

Sep 17, 2015
    Thanks. I will defnitly take a look at it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by