My 1st Goats!! Many Questions

You can try, but, I think I only gave my goats bread a couple times..when a friend brought some for the ducks...if you have any..add honey of molasses to it..they love that stuff, it will mask the flavor of med on the bread

Is regards to Valbazen dosage on bottle is 1ml per 25lbs. With the reading I have done I see several people say not to follow that and give it at 1ml per 10 lbs.. That is a prett big difference wondering if anyone here has any information on that?

I have read that most wormers can be dosed higher with goats as they metabolize them quickly. Some instances not to, is for meat, or dairy goats, pregnant, young, too old, or one with a severe worm load. Goats can actually bleed internally if too many worms are killed at once from what I read. I personally have dosed wormers higher than recommended without problems.

Be careful feeding grain to the wether. Too much can result in a medical condition where he won't be able to urinate.

My miniature goats get alfalfa hay, pasture and yard grazing in the warm months, occasional scoops of Purina goat and sheep feed, along with a commercial mineral block because I wasn't sure they were getting enough copper. Of course, for YEARS I just provided a salt block and didn't give mineral block, and those goats all did fine.

Having started all gloom and doom, let me just say: "Goats!!! Wheeee!!!" I fell in love with the first Nigerian dwarf/African pygmy cross bottle baby that was put in my arms. Mini goats have been a part of my life for about 20 years, and -- aside from the challenges in keeping them INSIDE fences -- they are delightful creatures. Congrats!
Yours eat grass? Lucky mine don’t

Back
Top Bottom