My 1st Purple Egg!!

You sell a dozen chicken eggs for $10?? Why, where, how...because you have some that are lighter shades...I mean..this is your first purple....I don’t want to sound...rude..please don’t take it that way at all...I’m getting $2.50 for my brown ones and we’re thrilled....
Ohhhh...I just saw your location... I get it now....I’m in farm country....no one cares what color the eggs are...:lol:

View attachment 1996576 Much to my surprise I was lucky enough to have my 1st purple egg today!
Nice color combo this morning!
Which one is purple? Is it the second from the top in that photo?
Plum colored eggs usually happen when a dark brown egg layer applies an additional layer of calcium over the pigment.
Is it from a marans, welsummer, barnie or pene?

You sell a dozen chicken eggs for $10?? Why, where, how...because you have some that are lighter shades...I mean..this is your first purple....I don’t want to sound...rude..please don’t take it that way at all...I’m getting $2.50 for my brown ones and we’re thrilled....
That is $10 for fertile hatching eggs. Which I think is pretty darn fair. I sell eggs for consumption @$2 per dozen which is also pretty darn fair if you ask me.

:lau:lau:p
And correction it’s my 2nd purple egg.

That is $10 for fertile hatching eggs. Which I think is pretty darn fair. I sell eggs for consumption @$2 per dozen which is also pretty darn fair if you ask me.
Ohhhhhhh...well then yes!! Those prices are more than fair! I wasn’t being harsh, just wanted to bump up my prices!!:). Yes, if you are selling those for hatchers..by all all means..$10 is a great price....how do you keep them if you have to wait until you’ll get enough purple?

Back
Top Bottom