My 2 chicks have leg problems? Help!

YellowYolk

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
Hello All!
I'm very new to BYC & very new to raising chicks :)
My dad and I hatched our first chicks a couple days ago using an incubator we got from a friend.
There are 8 two day old chicks so far & all are doing great except for 2.

One of the two cannot walk (can't stand up & is always laying down- acting really tired and weak; also doesn't
drink water or eats its food- rarely has his/her eyes open)

And the other one can stand up but something is wrong with his/her right leg. The other ones fine but
the right leg is bent up. It's not sliding out to the side but instead bending up. I used the band-aid method
for both of them since it worked for my other 2 day old chick that had splayed legs. Oh & this one isn't opening
his/her eyes either /:

I'll attach a video since the pictures didn't come out as well & you can actually see what I'm talking
about in the video.

Any advice/tips will be much appreciated!! :)

VIDEO:

Thanks! I didn't see anything about legs that go up but it helped me with a few other things
smile.png

I tried searching 'chick donut' on google and it came out with a bunch of pictures of donuts shaped like chicks... LOL!
Is there a link or forum on here that has pictures/step by step on how to make one? Thanks for the advice by the way
smile.png

UPDATE:
I'm currently keeping the chicks warm in their little separate brooder & when I picked them up to give them some water/sugar mix I noticed both had red scab
looking blisters on their leg (the back of the knee) . I'm pretty positive it's from them trying to "walk" around using the back of their knees
sad.png

They aren't able to even extend their legs like all the other chicks in order to get around. I'm worried sick about these two! Both took in the water/sugar formula
just fine, but they won't eat anything
hmm.png

~ I'll post some pictures of their blisters a little later.

Back
Top Bottom