my 2 silkie roos going at it! update...Nov 2nd

I have had violent silkie roos and real sweeties. The most violent one I had, nearly killed my Andalusian rooster - twice! I rehomed the big guy & little mean silkie started attacking me!

Needless to say, he is gone.

I rehomed the big guy & little mean silkie started attacking me!

My guyMr. B hasn't attacked me, but he does try to peck me when picking him up, which i have to do every night to get them in their coop (another story!!) Not hard, but enough to know to stay on my toes....

well, t's doing much better. He was crowing at 4:30AM this morning, poor guy, doesn't know what's going on anymore. That's when i get up...
Melinda​

poo.

after reading this, if i have two boy silkes out of my three, i am going to have to get rid of one.

It will be sad. I am so attached to all of them.

but i don't want them to kill each other

i did a lot of hatching this Spring, and ended up with 11 roosters out of 17 silkies. As they matured, one by one i had to pull roosters out. This started at about 5 months. It would look like they were getting along, and then my large showgirl roo would decide to violently attack one of the other roosters. i'm sure if i had not been there, they would have been killed. i had roos pulled out into hutches, crates, all kinds of things, until i could rehome them.

i just have the one showgirl roo now, in a pen with one hen (his other two wives are off raising babies). i would never attempt to keep him with another rooster, no matter how many hens. i've heard of folks being able to keep a couple roosters in the same pen. But not sure i would try it after what i've experienced.

BBK, sorry about Mr. T, and sonew123, really sorry for your loss. Those silkies may look cute and fluffy but the roos can be very ferocious.

Those silkies may look cute and fluffy but the roos can be very ferocious.

I know!! and who would of thunck it...? JEEZZZ!!!

I'm going to put Mr. T back in this weekend and TAKE OUT B.... I think i'm also going to put in my cochin chicks, there's so much poultry dust in my sunroom, it's time to go outside...(isn't that what that means?) poultry dust=outdoors...? I just can't stand it anymore....
barnie.gif

now, my big question, what do i do with B? I was thinking of putting him in with my big girls, but i just think that plan is mean, he may be killed... i'm going to have to give him away....
idunno.gif

Melinda​

update...
I put mr T in with girls...Took mr B out, this was Nov 2. put him in a traveling cage. Yesterday nov 8th, put him in with the big girls after putting the cage in the run for 6 days. well, it was awful to waTCH, HE TRIED TO PICK A FIGHT WITH EVERYONE.... BUT LAST NIGHT WE PUSHED HIM UP THE RAMP AND iNTO THE COOP....WITH FINGERS CROSSED, HE WAS CROWING THIS AM...sorry for caps.... When i released the girls today, they all started fighting again.... it's got to work. i'm hoping they start to all get a long...

And T's doing fine with the girls....

Melinda

i have had my silkie rooster for about 2 or 3 days and it has'nt made a noise yet can eny one tell me if it will start crow when it has been here longer

shortcut...mine are crowing...if that's what you want to call it...lol and they're 6 months old. They started about 5 months. hope this helps.

Went out to check Mr B yesterday and he was hiding in the coop, well that didn't take long to get him out...one of the girls must have...
idunno.gif
so they could lay, but I only got 3 eggs yesterday. not good. and when i went out later he was hiding under the ramp, i could see his foot.

Later when DH went out, he came out of hiding but thought that Chris was going to save him... And when it was time to close up shop, he was the only one outside, pacing back and forth. i caught him and walked him up the ramp, well, kinda of pushed him....and closed the pop door!

We'll see what happens today, Tuesday.

melinda​

Back
Top Bottom