My 2 week old chicks just started shaking there heads.

JFWilliams

Hatching
Jul 1, 2016
My 2 week old chicks just started shaking there heads periodically.. Was wondering if anyone had an idea of what might be causing this and what I can do to help them if there is something wrong? Thanks

Greetings from Kansas, JFWilliams, and :welcome. Great to have you with us. I don't really have any advice. My chickens seems to do a lot of head shaking...after they eat and drink. How frequently does this occur and do they seem distressed? If you think there is something wrong with them you might consider posting here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
Good luck to you.

welcome-byc.gif

Ok, may seem like a silly question. Do you notice this while you are talking to it? I talk baby talk to mine, and some of them don't like the high pitch of it. Now, that's the easy fix.
red has given you a great link to go ask questions, and for you to tell more about what is going on when/while it's shaking it's head.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom