My $25.00 pallet coop! What do you guys think?

Sweet!!
tongue.png

Nice work, great can do attitude. My BIL has a stack of pallets laying around and will probably end up burning them. Maybe I'll tell him to drag them down here and hatch a brood.

Thank you all again for the wonderful compliments. I am pretty happy with how it has turned out so far. The actual buiding of the coop is finished but I can't wait to actually get to put all the finishing touches on it. I have to get it painted and put in the nest boxes and perches and then get the linolium (sp?) flooring put down. I would have it done but the weather has not been cooperating latley. Then I have to get the guys out there to move it to were it needs to be. I have a place in the "big girl" run that I can put it and that I can fully enclose with a wire roof so the hawks can't get to the "little girls". Hopefully some time with in the next 2 weeks I can have it actually finished. That's when the new little ones I bought are out of quarantine.
Since this only took me four pallets and about 5 days total and concidering the learning curve I went through I am having some thoughts about building some other coops for some of the other birds that I have. I need to wait for spring first. I actually ahd frozen waterers this morning.
he.gif
This is Florida, for crying out lound. We are not supost to have frozen anything!!!!
barnie.gif

Your $25 coop looks like a $250 coop! Really a great job & you've given me some good idea for my next one.

And you're so right about a wire roof to keep out the hawks.

Great job I built our coop with the understanding that My wife had to paint it, guess who ended up painting it, thats right the guy who built it

Great coops! These are what inspired me to start my own project back in August. My dad will be out later today to help me start the roof. You can see some photos on my BYC page--coop addition (need to update, though). It's been slow going, but I hope to have it up and running by spring
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom