My 26 weeK old SLW is too weak to stand HELP!!

Danger96

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
She has been lack luster for a few day and today she was laying in the middle of the yard by herself in the wide open. When I picked her up she’s super light and can’t even keep her eyes open. I felt to see if she was egg bound and found her butt was poopy but did not feel bound. I’ve isolated her and I got 1ml of poultry cell and some water into her but could use help with what might be going on. Honestly I’ll be surprised if she makes it overnight. Please help🙏🙏🙏🙏

Attachments

• IMG_7824.jpeg
    IMG_7824.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7823.jpeg
    IMG_7823.jpeg
    677 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7826.jpeg
    IMG_7826.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 3
Do not soak her anymore—that can push a weakened chicken over the edge. Can you get her into a warm spot, and hold some water with sugar or electrolytes up to her beak from a small lid or cup? A tsp of sugar per 8 ounce cup of water is good. Gatorade is acceptable. If she won’t drink use a small spoon to place it close to her beak. Just 1/4 tsp or so at a time, so she doesn’t choke. Does she have any food in her crop? Could she have been kept from eating or drinking, or possibly become injured? Do you know if she has laid an egg recently? Have your birds been molting. Once she drinks fluids, then offer some mushy wet chicken feed and cooked egg. Let us know how she is in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom