My 3 male Muscovy ducks went missing and came back without a scratch 2 days later

33ChickenLovers

Songster
May 18, 2021
Hey guys.
My 3 male Muscovy ducks went missing a couple days ago and then they thankfully came back, but it
was pretty strange for them to leave seeming they are tame and two of them can’t fly (we clipped ones wings, the other has angel wings) but my question is, where did they sleep? We have already lost some ducks due to foxes before. And what do you think the reason they left is? I’ve heard ducks will leave and then come back (if they don’t get killed by a fox ect) when they sense danger. I’ve seen a hawk fly above our paddocks a few times but I’m not sure.
I hope you can take the time to answer my question.😊

do you have a big pond? they don't actually have to have a big pond, but all ducks, even tree ducks will leave if they think they can find a pond.

if you're yard has clean water, good food and is safe, birds are birds and will still try to wander. mine absolutely love to escape and visit the neighbors, but the neighbors like having free bug control.

how many hens do you have for your drakes? if you don't have enough hens, the drakes will certainly escape to look for a mate/territory. muscovy can be really tame, but they're still good to look for the call of nature..

Back
Top Bottom