1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 3 year old is at it again....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by maplesky7, Mar 18, 2009.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I just rounded the corner to find that she had dumped the WHOLE huge container of fish food in the fish tank...and was dipping her hands in and sucking them off.

[​IMG]

I've put the fish in my corn boiler pan because it's the biggest. And I've got to clean that, take a shower, cook dinner, and make it to Bible study.

She's quite pleased with herself now. First she cried when I told her mommy was not happy. Then when she saw the trouble I had catching the fish in the net...she squealed with delight every time I "almost" got one.

yeah...she keeps me busy...don't let her cuteness fool you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20934&p=49

me,
    g

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    I hear ya! Last night my almost- three- year- old was carrying around our unopened ONE GALLON jug of maple syrup. He dropped it. It busted, of course, and syrup began glugging everywhere. At least I got my floor mopped! [​IMG]

This too shall pass!! [​IMG]

3. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    check, normal

suzy

[​IMG]

4. HiDelight

HiDelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    when my son was her age he gave his gold fish a glass of milk because it "is good for him"

my work blocks pics from photobucket bummer I bet she is a doll baby [​IMG]

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    When I was 3 I got up early one saturday (4 am) went to the kitchen, got up on the counter and decided to make breakfast, in the middle of the floor.
    I dumped, flour, sugar, salt, then got eggs butter and milk out of the fridge and made biscuits.

My parents got up and found the mess, I don't remember much after that [​IMG]

They survived me, you will survive this [​IMG]

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, DS did the same thing to our 37 gallon tank last year. Dumped the HUGE can of fish flakes into it. He was about 2 1/2 at the time. [​IMG]

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

When I was 3 years old, I'm told that I dumped our entire fishtank into a pot of boiling pasta because I thought the fishies would like to go in the "hot tub"

8. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Quote:Oooo...I wouldn't have wanted to clean up that mess! (eyes covered)

Suzy

[​IMG]

9. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    She is adorable. How can you not be always be happy with her. I love toddlers especially when they are not mine.

10. lichick28

lichick28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    When our boys were 3 & 4 my husband was watching them while I went out for the day. When I came home he couldnt stop saying that he cant get the oil off them. They emptied a gal of vegetable oil and slid on the tile floor like a slip & slide. He said they were in the tub for hours but are still slippery. They were so cute and happy to see me, who could be mad at their smiling faces. Dawn was the magic degreaser

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by