My 300th post is a sad one :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    My momma cat, the one on the left side on my avatar (the other is her daughter), has an ulcer on her left eye. Corrective surgery will cost $1000. I don't have that to spend. Instead DH and I decided it would be best to take the eye out. Taking it out will still cost $550. Surgery doesn't mean it will be fixed and taking the eye out would be less painful for her in the long run.

Her name is Baby....prayers are greatly appreciated.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thats too bad.......best wishes and good luck to you all. [​IMG]

3. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    I'm so sorry for your kitty. If it helps, my momma cat is blind in one eye after having full sight for about 5 years or so. We assume she injured it somehow (she lives outside), but she's never skipped a beat since. I'm sure your kitty will adapt quickly. Prayers sent. [​IMG]

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm sure she'll be fine but it makes me sad because we found her half dead when she was just 3 weeks old. She was found in the median of a busy highway, sick and starving. When I took her to the vet he said that she has the cat herpes. Thank God when she had her 4 babies she didn't pass it on to them. She stays sick ALL the time. It's sad to see her like that.

5. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    i am so sorry to hear about your cat. animals can be so much just like one of our children. i pray she does well with the surgery. and i am sure like the other post, she will adapt. i saw a adult dog and cat do that after losing a leg. they are very resilent.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  6. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    God is no respector of persons. I will definately pray for your kitty. He loves all his animals!

7. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    I'm sorry to hear about the ulcer. My cat had one when she was 6 yrs old, it came from out of the blue, and almost burst. We were able to give her eye drops and although she still had the slight mark from it, she never lost her eye or vision. Sadly at the ripe old age of 16 she passed away. I'm sure everything will work out for your kitty and she will have many many more wonderful years with you!! [​IMG]

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Prayers for your Baby.

9. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    Sorry about your baby, hope she will ok.[​IMG]

10. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    Animals are so resilient{ spelling} and I hope she will be fine. My friend jen has a dog who had one then the other eye out when she was 6 due to glaucoma and she does fantastic. She navigates like a pro! And she is eleven now! I have 14 year old cat who is still kicking and happy as a clam. He has a bowel motility disorder but he has adapted well. I am sure he does not like me chasing him down for 2 types of medecine a day but he is a trooper and i am sure yours is too. I had a cat named baby years ago. Erin m.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by