My 300th post is a sad one :(

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
My momma cat, the one on the left side on my avatar (the other is her daughter), has an ulcer on her left eye. Corrective surgery will cost $1000. I don't have that to spend. Instead DH and I decided it would be best to take the eye out. Taking it out will still cost $550. Surgery doesn't mean it will be fixed and taking the eye out would be less painful for her in the long run.

Her name is Baby....prayers are greatly appreciated.

Thats too bad.......best wishes and good luck to you all.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry for your kitty. If it helps, my momma cat is blind in one eye after having full sight for about 5 years or so. We assume she injured it somehow (she lives outside), but she's never skipped a beat since. I'm sure your kitty will adapt quickly. Prayers sent.
hugs.gif

I'm sure she'll be fine but it makes me sad because we found her half dead when she was just 3 weeks old. She was found in the median of a busy highway, sick and starving. When I took her to the vet he said that she has the cat herpes. Thank God when she had her 4 babies she didn't pass it on to them. She stays sick ALL the time. It's sad to see her like that.

i am so sorry to hear about your cat. animals can be so much just like one of our children. i pray she does well with the surgery. and i am sure like the other post, she will adapt. i saw a adult dog and cat do that after losing a leg. they are very resilent.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about the ulcer. My cat had one when she was 6 yrs old, it came from out of the blue, and almost burst. We were able to give her eye drops and although she still had the slight mark from it, she never lost her eye or vision. Sadly at the ripe old age of 16 she passed away. I'm sure everything will work out for your kitty and she will have many many more wonderful years with you!!
hugs.gif

Animals are so resilient{ spelling} and I hope she will be fine. My friend jen has a dog who had one then the other eye out when she was 6 due to glaucoma and she does fantastic. She navigates like a pro! And she is eleven now! I have 14 year old cat who is still kicking and happy as a clam. He has a bowel motility disorder but he has adapted well. I am sure he does not like me chasing him down for 2 types of medecine a day but he is a trooper and i am sure yours is too. I had a cat named baby years ago. Erin m.

Back
Top Bottom