My 4 Buff Orps?!?! biiiig pictures be warned

beeZ2010

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Norwich
here are 2 of my 4 buff orps, pleeeeeeease can you tell me what gender u think they are, im hoping all girls as that is what i bought them as, but looking at other posts im getting worried!!
they are 6 weeks old today!! yaaaaaaaaaay

this is hetty
qn06ll.jpg

freya, eek and archimedes look like this
20hubmh.jpg

p.s. if they are all pullets, how come hetty has a smaller comb than the others??

LindsayB : please dont say that all with wattles are boys ... I have an orp that has wattles and i hope to god its a hen ...

This was taken a few weeks ago ..and her wattles have grown loads since

43667_dsc00383.jpg

beeZ2010 ..the first is deff a girl imo .... she looks identical to one of mine ..

that one looks like a hen. But the first ones that are 6 weeks and are already that red...It just says roo to me. Plus you can compare the second buff to the first one and see the difference. Just my opinion though. Hopefully someone with orp experience can chime in.

Sorry i missed the 6 weeks week old part .. Mine is 5 months now and has fairly big wattles compared to the other i have (which has none)...You had me worried there ..

I already have one roo and couldnt think of having to get rid of her if she was a roo too ...

phewwwwww lol

I would agree with your opinion then, Even with the little knowledge i have i would say that second must be a boy and the first deffinatley a girl

My 13 week old Orp pullet has much thinner legs and is just starting to barely get some pink in her comb. I'm thinking that second pic is a cockerel.

Agreed, the first is a pullet and the others are boys. BUT, they are gorgeous! Where did you get them?

Last edited:
Hetty is a girl. But right about now I'd be changing Freya's name to Fred.
lol.png
And then contacting whoever sold you a bunch of cockerels as pullets and letting them know how bad their chick sexing skills are.

Yes Heddy looks like my girld and the other looken like my "Chicken Dinner"that I had to get rid of because I was too whimpy to kill it; so I am thinking #1 girl, #2 boy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom