My 4 Month Cross Beak Polish Died

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by antiquebuff, Jun 24, 2008.

1. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    I went to the coop this am and she was dead. [​IMG] The 23 others are fine. I don't know what happened to her. She was eating well and drinking lots of water. She seemed fine last night. I wonder if it had anything to do with her having a cross beak........She was so beautiful and very friendly.

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I'm sorry for your loss. A 13 week old golden polish cross-beak we were taking care of for my brother-in-law died last week too. She seemed fine, then had pasty butt the next day, and the next day she died. We aren't sure what happened to this one either. She got her food dish filled at least 3 times a day, had an extra deep dish so she could scoop the food, cleaned her beak off when she got food build up, trimmed her feathers back so she could see, cleaned her pasty butt, etc.

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I would think if they are crossbeaked, there were genetic problems , too much inbreeding. Genetic problems are usually not having just one thing wrong. It is usually several things. And whatever it was, she died. Sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by