My 4 week old Mallard

Are multiple ducks having seizures or just one? What are you feeding them? How long have these problems been occurring? A LOT more information is needed to help. If you have access to an avian vet they can help make an accurate diagnosis

I have six mallard ducklings one one is having seizures . The others are great . As for food I switched last week to Putin’s flock raiser . It started having seizures yesterday . It drinks a little water with chic starter in it . Also made its food slurpy . I gave it liquid vitamin b .

I have six mallard ducklings one one is having seizures . The others are great . As for food I switched last week to Putin’s flock raiser . It started having seizures yesterday . It drinks a little water with chic starter in it . Also made its food slurpy . I gave it liquid vitamin b .
Purina
Are multiple ducks having seizures or just one? What are you feeding them? How long have these problems been occurring? A LOT more information is needed to help. If you have access to an avian vet they can help make an accurate diagnosis
Do you have access to a vet?
tomorrow

Sorry to hear she's having problems.

Could you upload a video of her to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here?

Ducks that are having seizures, would likely mean there is some neurological damage involved, and whether that be caused by an infection, nutritional deficiency, a viral disease, trauma to the head or neck area, tumors, or lastly poison consumption is currently unknown as of now and will continue to be that way unless she sees a vet, who should be able to perform several diagnostic tests such as CBC, radiographs, electroencephalograms, electromyograms, auditory evoked potentials, CT scans, and MRI scans, and provide her with supportive care.

Ultimately these tests can be used to narrow down the underlying cause of her symptoms, so treatment can begin tailored to that specific condition.

Here is a waterfowl directory,

https://www.metzerfarms.com/Veterinarians.cfm

As far as what should be done initially, you need to set her in a dimly lit, warm, stressful free, area that's soft padded to prevent possible damage when she's walking in circles. Her water dish should be shallow enough as to prevent aspiration or drowning.

How does her poop look?

This was my post from yesterday, responding to someone with the same problem, forgive me for copy/pasting, didn't feel like typing the same thing all over.

Could you upload a video of her to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here?

Ducks that are having seizures, would likely mean there is some neurological damage involved, and whether that be caused by an infection, nutritional deficiency, a viral disease, trauma to the head or neck area, tumors, or lastly poison consumption is currently unknown as of now and will continue to be that way unless she sees a vet, who should be able to perform several diagnostic tests such as CBC, radiographs, electroencephalograms, electromyograms, auditory evoked potentials, CT scans, and MRI scans, and provide her with supportive care.

Ultimately these tests can be used to narrow down the underlying cause of her symptoms, so treatment can begin tailored to that specific condition.

As far as what should be done initially, you need to set her in a dimly lit, warm, stressful free, area that's soft padded to prevent possible damage when she's walking in circles. Her water dish should be shallow enough as to prevent aspiration or drowning.

How does her poop look?

This was my post from yesterday, responding to someone with the same problem, forgive me for copy/pasting, didn't feel like typing the same thing all over.

How does her poop look?

I found a article from Metzerfarms about niacin and vitamin B . I purchased both . I gave her liquid vitamin B and put niacin in water along with electrolytes. Also made her food soupy and added niacin. No more seizures since yesterday afternoon. She does shake . I have video of her tremors unfortunately I don’t know how to load it . I have her separate and have darkened her cage . She will eat and drink a little better then she was although not great . I am going to keep doing what I have been trying to do .

DFD8E427-202B-40A7-B59F-580F36F3A697.jpeg

Doing much better . I am still giving her vitamin b and brewers yeast . She is outside with the other ducks eating and drinking . No seizures . Thanks to all for advice

Back
Top Bottom