My 6 week chick stop waiting

Chickstrated

Hatching
May 25, 2020
I have my 6 week old chick that stopes eating and drinking. She was sleeping all day. My instincts told me it was coccidiosis. I have 3 others and they are all acting normal! She has been separated for 48 hrs and has been on corid for 24 hrs. She is not sleeping as much anymore. She is drinking water (I kinda have to make her) but she still not eating. I have noticed that she is cleaning her beak a lot ... I’ve given her egg yolk to keep her going but I’m not sure what else to do. Please help.

She may not feel like eating if she has coccidiosis. Their intestines are very irritated. Fluids are most important. I would have treated her along with the others together, and not have separated her. The others could benefit from Corid as well. You also can give her the undiluted Corid 0.1 ml per pound twice a day for an extra boost of medicine. Offer some mushy chick feed, along with a bit of plain yogurt (1 tsp.) You can moisten the feed with Corid water. Treat for 7 days, then reduce the dose to 1/3 and treat for another 5-7 days. Then treat with vitamins and more probiotics.

She may not feel like eating if she has coccidiosis. Their intestines are very irritated. Fluids are most important. I would have treated her along with the others together, and not have separated her. The others could benefit from Corid as well. You also can give her the undiluted Corid 0.1 ml per pound twice a day for an extra boost of medicine. Offer some mushy chick feed, along with a bit of plain yogurt (1 tsp.) You can moisten the feed with Corid water. Treat for 7 days, then reduce the dose to 1/3 and treat for another 5-7 days. Then treat with vitamins and more probiotics.
Oh em gee thank you!!
Forgive my ignorance but what is 0.1 ml per pound? Like what does that mean? Like a drop on a cap of water?
sorry I’m not good this :/

Try feeding her oregano, if you have dried oregano in your kitchen, that works as well, if you can't get her to eat it, than try sprinkling it in her water, mine like fishing it out, mabey yours will also.

Try feeding her oregano, if you have dried oregano in your kitchen, that works as well, if you can't get her to eat it, than try sprinkling it in her water, mine like fishing it out, mabey yours will also.
Oh yes!!! She took good pecks out of the oregano!! Thank you so much!!!!!!

Sugars in her water may give her a bit of an energy body and include her to keep eating. as may brag apple cider vinager if you have it. That is the kind we use, but any other organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" will also do.

0.1 ml is just under a teaspoonful of the Corid liquid. She probably weighs under a pound, so that would be good enough. A kitchen gram scale is good to get a weight on chickens when one is ill, and you need to figure out a dosage.

0.1 ml is just under a teaspoonful of the Corid liquid. She probably weighs under a pound, so that would be good enough. A kitchen gram scale is good to get a weight on chickens when one is ill, and you need to figure out a dosage.
That’s a great idea! Thank you so much!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom