My 6 Year Old Daughter..... :(

Ugh truthfully I am already quite exausted!! Not because of my daughter but well... here is a little bit of my background..
August of 07 my father has a horrible stroke that left him paralyzed on his left side. My father was an avid hunter, fisher and worked at owens corning for 40 years...so this was a HUGE change in my life.
Then in November of that same year....his wife (my step mom) dies in her sleep of a heart attack. Talk about a year... well after Margie died my father needed me to take care of him and my 10 year old sister (Margie and my fathers daughter) on top of me, my 2 young children and my DH. SOOOOO we all moved back into my fathers house in December 07. Had a sad and teary christmas. Then in march of this year, we learn that my DH's father has lung cancer...well him and his wife were splitting up at the time and now HE lives with us also. Sooo on the topic of exausted, I am that EVERY day of my life. Am I angry..sometimes, but it passes and we all work together to get things done. I can say that a stroke can change a person like you would never believe...My father used to be so happy and fun loving now he is mean, hateful and depressed all the time. I cannot blame him for being depressed but he needs to be strong for Kelsi (my sister) she needs that now and I am doing everything I can to be strong for everyone, its just really hard.

GOSHHH sorry for just letting go on all that!! Ugh

No need to apologize!! I'm sure it's hard to vent to those around you so we are here for you!!!!

I will be praying for a negative mono test for your daughter. Hopefully it's just a little flu bug.

Ricki! I hope she recovers soon, as it does sound like mono. Children of every age catch it too. It is a long recovery, but not impossible or even that difficult. Just do what the docs say and do your research.....

Aww thanks guys for your nice words!! I can always come to this site and get in a better mood!!

Debi-LOVE the new pic, totally suits you and your title LOL

Last year we had a Kinder class with 13 kids that had mono in it. They all had to stay home, rest, LOTS of rest, no playing around the house, just lay down and get over it. Lots of water too from what I remember. It is such an easy thing to catch and just wears you down, especially the little ones. I got it in college and just felt horrible for so long. I feel for your little one, and for you because if it is it's going to be hard on all of you.

Quote:
AWWW thanks! I kind of deal with a mini type of your issue. My mom is diabled and can sometimes get around and sometimes not. She ALWAYS calls on me for help. Never mind my brother who is 1 mile away owns his own business and has a wife that doesn't work - his business is slow right now.....

It sounds like you are having a really hard year, but dealing with it. Good for you!

My 14 year old got Mono last year. We were worried it would be a huge deal, but she actually recovered a lot faster than we expected, so maybe your darling will too.
fl.gif

Make sure you take care of you too- you're important!

awww! i hope she gets better fast. i agree that rest is what she needs.
you and your daughteer are in my families prayers.

Geez everyone on here is always so wonderful!! Thanks alot everyone!! Well, I am waiting on the call today from her doctor to hear the news
fl.gif

please, please...No mono!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

my mono test came back negative three times before they found out i really did have mono. make sure they double check.

all of the symptoms are normal that she is experiencing.

be well, and my prayers are with you also.

p.s. a U of M study done shows for EVERY day you are in bed ill, it takes ONE WEEK to recoup. so if she's down for a week, expect her to be 'not her self' for 49 days, etc.

let her body rest. i pray it is something that can be healed quickly!

as for you, you get some rest and relax your mind too! she needs you, Mom!

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom