My $8 Coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Songster

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Cool. Post pix when it's done. I'm sure your chickens will love it. Sorry about Hector.

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Sorry for bad pic quality. My camera don't work and it's from my cell camera

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    WOOT! I got the tin cut and installed! I have liquid nails to waterproof the little nail areas. We didn't have any of the nails with washers. This tin has been reused 3 times and magically, not too many holes in it! I do think this is going to be it's last time though [​IMG] The tin works great. On the lower slope, I had to put it on weird (sideways) so that I had enough, so it does hold a little bit of water. It's not too bad though, because of the slope. I could have bought a 9 dollar sheet of tin, but why not use what I have? I do have a small peice left incase I decide to make an exterior nesting box. I am undecided on that, but probably won't. So in less than a week, I have a coop! I'm sorry I didn't get a lot of pictures. It isn't painted yet, and it needs ONE more board on the front and it'll be DONE!

5. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Songster

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    You're making great progress! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: