My 80 cent Meyer specials

Im putting some more in the freezer today. The ones I did last week weighed out at 3#2oz (2 breasts) and 2#8oz (4 quarters). The ones Ive done so far today (7 days later) are 3#10oz (2 breasts) and 2#11oz. pounds (4 quarters).

I live right down the road from them and missed the 80 cent special, I had FR at the time. I have only had get experiences from their Cornish X. Even in the summer when it was to hot to butcher, the girls made it all the way to laying eggs. Very healthy. We do small lots. I will be getting some more late Feb early Mar. Can't wait. Like the FR but love the CX's
Michele

I do too. Ill probably do some more this year, I hope these will last me to this fall. I am just amazed at the size of the breasts on these things. Im all about white meat, so these birds are perfect for me. Im taking a little break, I have one more to do today. I did 6 today. Very quick to skin, part off, save livers, heart, and gizzards for puppies, and the rest goes out back for the buzzards and eagles.

The special was only a week long, I think. Someone posted about it here.

Okay Im gonna ask is meyer a website or a place , I orderd mine from mcmurray , Can I please have the website if you can please Id love to look at what they have , Mine will be hear the week of feb 13 Im excited I am in hudson florida :) JEan

When ordering these or any meat bird do you normally get a strait run or what. I just wonder if males grow faster then females? I want to get some meat birds this spring. I would love to find the .80 cent special.

Back
Top Bottom